Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineering services helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Commissioning Engineer to support our service offerings in the Denver, CO area. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of the Denver area to be considered for this position.
Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Perform field commissioning procedures for electrical systems, including moderately complex systems. Have some experience with mechanical systems. Inspect, test, and document results. May be mentally demanding, requiring concentration on several projects at once. Position requires minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Prepare pre-functional and functional forms, review forms after completion
- Perform aspects of commissioning of electrical power distribution systems
- Participate in Owners Project Requirements (OPR) process & document creation
- Review & comment on submittal documents
o Participate in design/construction/commissioning/progress/issues meetings as required
o Track & report issues including problem solving
o Develop, coordinate, & participate in training programs
o Develop and participate in Integrated Systems Tests (IST)
o Develop and/or review Systems Manuals
o Assist and/or develop preventative maintenance plans
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
- Teamwork – Able to function well as part of a complex and technical project team, helping to guide the project to a successful resolution. Acts as a positive and collaborative member of this team.
Additional Company Information
- Graduate BSEE/BSEET Engineer and one year minimum same or similar work experience. At least two years commissioning project experience including Design, Construction, and Post-Occupancy phase processes. OR Graduate of applicable Commissioning Technical Training and two years minimum same or similar work experience. At least five years commissioning projects experience including Design, Construction, and Post-Occupancy phase processes.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE commissioning industry standards. Commissioning certification, such as from the Building Commissioning Association, University of Wisconsin or similar is preferred but not necessary.
- Knowledge of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) process for New Construction and Existing Buildings. LEED Accredited Professional required.
- Knowledge and theoretical understanding of building electrical systems, including normal and emergency power distribution systems, critical power systems, generators, UPS’s and batteries, monitoring and alarm systems, automatic transfer switches, metering, motor control centers, and interlocks.
- Background and experience in operation and maintenance of all types of switchgear through the 15KV class.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Requires special skills in a majority of the following: Complex data center surveys/audits, some knowledge of mechanical and controls systems
- Thorough knowledge of electrical apparatus testing with a strong theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation.
- Complete projects consistently on budget
- Requires a high degree of communication, supervisory, and organization skills.
- Able to write detailed reports, using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients and peers.
- Communicate technical or project related subjects accurately via email.
- Performs well as part of a team of various groups and disciplines.
- Good judgment, dependable, performs on projects with technical expertise.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting in Microsoft Word and Excel, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research, and operation of computer controlled test equipment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pound test sets.
- Valid Driver’s License.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for personal and professional growth. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson Network Power is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Emerson Network Power is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website Information
Click here to apply online
Emerson - 22 months ago