Primary responsibility for circuit board/module conceptualization, detail design, and value-engineering in support of TTM customer opportunities. Areas of emphasis/focus include new business pursuit support, board/module physical design/documentation/ subcontracting, electrical standards/ methodologies, and manufacturing sustaining support. Complementary support is provided by a combination of management, an electrical engineer, and NPI manufacturing teams. This position reports to the Manager, Engineering.
Representative Job Duties
1) New business support for Design Engineering.
• PCB/module conceptual design suggestions/trade-off’s for new opportunities.
• PCB/module concept sketches and BOM’s for proposal inclusion and hardware estimating.
2) Electronic circuit assembly electrical physical design.
• Electrical hardware selection and specification. (Terminals, fuses, switches, passives, etc)
• Circuit board schematic capture, placement, and routing … or sub-contractor oversight.
• Ensuring PCB CAD layout rules compliance.
• PCB/PCA manufacturing BOM, fabrication artworks, construction/assembly drawings.
• Ensuring PCB and PCA design-for-manufacturability prior to release.
• Ensuring PCB and PCA design-for-testability prior to release.
3) Industry and TTM-specific electrical standards and methodologies.
• Product safety and EMI consideration during CAD layout (UL, CSA, NEBS, etc)
• Standardization of electrical components and CAD libraries.
• Cut-and-paste electrical CAD models for easy “house design” personalization.
4) Hardware manufacturing sustaining support.
• PCB fabricator technical support during tooling, electrical testing, and manufacture.
• Assembly shop technical support during procurement, tooling, manufacture, and de-bug.
1) Education: Associates in Electrical Design/Drafting or BS in Electronic Technology.
2) Experience: Related circuit board/module/flex CAD design, electrical drafting, and PCB fabrication experience is essential. Working knowledge of Cadence Allegro, Mentor Boardstation and/or Mentor Expedition CAD platform is preferred. Interdisciplinary familiarity with electrical design, EMI control, safety testing, and/or assembly is desirable.
3) Solid oral communication and interfacing skills with technical and manufacturing personnel.
4) Availability for occasional overnight/short-notice travel to suppliers, partners, and customers.
5) Background in Valor DFM and CAM software tools a plus
Mental and Physical Demands
A. Mental Demands
Implement own recommendations and see projects through to completion.
Recommend and implement improvements to processes increasing efficiency.
Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiply divide, and figure averages.
Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions. Ability to give and receive information accurately.
Ability to follow directions and procedures accurately; to organize facts and figures; apply arithmetic.
B. Physical Demands: Daily sitting focusing on and operation of a personal computer to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time.
C. Equipment Used and Necessary: Calculator, Personal Computer, Fax machine, Photocopier, Telephone
D. Environment: Office environment. Air conditioning, fluorescent lights. Production environment, noise and safety precautions must be taken at all times.
Note: This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties/responsibilities to be performed by this Associate. The Associate may be required to perform additional duties within the capability of their skill level.
TTM Technologies - 18 months ago