The successful candidate will be responsible for low and high voltage electrical systems design and release for Proterra bus programs. This position will support current and future vehicle projects.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Designs and release of low and high voltage systems for Proterra busses while implementing best practices of distribution.
- Designs and release of HV power electronic integration.
- Interfaces with Fuel Cell supplier to maintain vehicle level specifications and DC/DC supplier to maintain vehicle level specifications.
- Ensures electrical systems are properly integrated with control strategies.
- Releases schematics and harness drawings.
- Works closely with mechanical design group where required.
- Creates robust Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Works with product validation group to ensure product is validated to meet system requirements.
- Authors statement of requirements as part of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Supports field incident resolution for issues related to vehicle and charging station.
- Maintains State-of-the-Art knowledge of related topics.
- Implements new technology and aid research group in development of future products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required; Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive electrical engineering experience in high and low voltage power distribution within the transportation industry
- 3+ years’ experience in electric vehicle charger connection systems, power transfer and charging system interface
- Significant experience with transportation industry electrical system design best practices
- Thorough knowledge of transportation rated embedded systems
- Thorough understanding of controls system software
- Experience with Solid Works and/or ElecWorks
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and C++
- Familiarity and experience in design of power electronics for high voltage applications a plus
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment/projects as the company does
- Ability to multitask
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written.
- Active coordination with other departments
proterra - 2 years ago