W R Systems, LTD has an immediate need for a Electrical Designer (Maritime Systems) at our Norfolk, VA location to document mechanical and electromechanical products and systems. Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
Years of experience required
- Develops Electrical / Mechanical Drawing Packages for Commercial Maritime applications;
- Develops Sales and Installation drawings packages for commercial product installations;
- Drawings may need to be developed in accordance with American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and ANSI Y.14 specifications;
- Develops strategies for drawing reviews as well as conduct reviews of drawing packages to ensure 100% accuracy;
- Performs ship checks on commercial maritime vessels and documents what needs to change on existing drawings, as well as develops new drawings where needed;
- Drawing packages may include; dimensions, weight, center of gravity, cables, foundations, penetrations, enclosures, ventilation, power, temperature requirements, welding symbology, paint considerations, weather conditioning, cable ways, etc.;
- Collaborates with engineering personnel and prepares drawing modifications, as required;
- Coordinates workload and makes task assignments for other Drafters and Mechanical Designers;
- Develops estimates for Technical Data Packages and Drawings;
- Tracks Task Progress and periodically reports progress;
- Develops Templates and establishes processes/guidelines for mechanical and electric drafting;
- Develops drawings in both English and International (metric) formats and be able to support the varying installation requirements from a multitude of different shipyards and installation activities globally;
- Performs ship-checks, and be capable of obtaining survival certifications (Survival, HUET, BOSIET).
- Qualified candidates must be highly proficient in Autocad, Marine and Electronics Drafting experience is preferred, and candidates must be proficient in MS Office products. Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to help facilitate a team-oriented work environment, strong attention to detail with an emphasis on quality, and the ability to communicate well both verbally and written.
4 Years with Autocad
20% - 50%
W R Systems, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
WRSystems, Ltd. - 13 months ago