Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Electrical
Job Title :
Electrical Designer III
Type of Position:
• Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of experience.
• 2+ years field walkdown experience in power plants
• Must be able to obtain unescorted access to a nuclear power plant
• 2+ years of experience in physical design of electrical raceways and electrical equipment placement and installation
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States from eligible countries according to eCFR 810.
• Capability with 2D and/or 3D plant design is strongly recommended.
• Nuclear power plant design experience
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking an Electrical Designer to be based in our Fort Mill, SC location.
• Under general supervision, develops engineering drawings of moderate complexity.
• Applies a solid level of understanding within electrical engineering.
• Familiar with codes, permits, and software applications related to electrical engineering.
• Understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
• Basic understanding of Engineer’s process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.
• Fully understands the purpose and use of vendor documents and reviews discipline supplier documents for accuracy.
• Basic knowledge of the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Assists in the collection of data on manpower, man-hour, and labor costs requirements for design staff to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Basic knowledge of cost estimating methods and performs material take-offs for the discipline.
• Intermediate knowledge of discipline’s materials costs and concept of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Basic knowledge of the project change control process and can identify a potential change.
• Basic understanding of the discipline’s equipment and material lists.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...