This position is responsible for developing engineered pipeline construction drawings in an AutoCAD and/or Microstation platform; receiving roughly designed concepts from engineers and transforming them into (CAD) working documents. Applications are predominantly related to the electrical and instrumentation engineering fields. This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with client specifications.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience of electrical design and drafting
- Knowledge of schematic design, power and control cabling design, instrumentation installation detail design, loop diagrams, physical layout drawings, as well as, other aspects of power and utility engineering design
- Must be proficient in both AutoCAD and Microstation, as well as, all Microsoft Office products
- The ideal candidate should be able to produce designs with minimal engineering input, sketches, notes, and vendor drawings
- The designer will be expected to review drafter work and provide input and support to drafters upon completion of those reviews
- The designer shall also be able to create procurement lists for all non-engineered materials such as wiring, conduits, electrical equipment and instrumentation and PLC/SCADA components
- Must be familiar with or have some background in power plant design, substation design and/or gas/oil industry electrical design
- Candidate should be familiar with all industry codes including IEEE, NFPA 70/70E, AGA, API
- Willingness to travel approximately 20-30% of the time for site walkdowns, meetings and other tasks
EN Engineering - 30+ days ago
EN Engineering provides a wide range of procurement services. We have provided procurement services to our clients ranging from providing on...