RDK Engineers (RDK) is a specialized mechanical and electrical engineering design firm that has been in continuous operation for well over a century. We pride ourselves on the quality of our design, our commitment to sustainability, and our unwavering focus on client satisfaction.
RDK Engineers is currently recruiting an experienced Electrical Designer for our busy Boston, MA office.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Within the electrical discipline, is able to design and layout engineering drawings.
- Take conceptual rough plan mark-ups and create final design documents.
- Perform calculations and utilize various software packages related to the design.
- Assist in performing field surveys, documenting existing conditions, and/or recommending various design solutions.
- Perform CAD functions proficiently.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for calculation and estimating purposes.
Required Education and Skills :
- Performs construction inspections and documents conditions that require remediation.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of electrical design.
- May possess an associates or bachelors degree in a related field with 1-3 years experience or 3-6 years of directly related experience in the absence of a degree.
- Formal training in AutoCAD preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP.
- Revit experience preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes, a profit sharing and 401 (K) plan, generous cost-shared health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, disability and long term care benefits, bonus opportunities, paid time off benefits and flextime .
GREAT FIRM GREAT PROJECTS GREAT PEOPLE
Apply online at: www.rdkengineers.com
RDK Engineers - 23 months ago