Shrader Engineering is seeking experienced Electrical Designers looking for a long term career opportunity. Qualified applicants must have a minimum of five years experience in the electrical design field and must be proficient in AutoCAD.
This challenging position involves working as part of a highly specialized team focused on projects for local and federal government facilities including shipping ports, rapid transit, communications infrastructure, homeland security, and water/wastewater facilties, as well as privately owned facilities including call centers and IT infrastructure.
Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, master planning, and full design services including schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction.
Duties & Responsibilities
Resposibilities include working closely with engineers and designers in the development of construction documents. Electrical Designers will assist in the designing and preparation of electrical plans including single-line diagrams, power plans, lighting plans, electrical schematics, and instrumentation and control diagrams. The designer will perform layouts and design under the technical guidance of an engineer.
- Applicants must have college or technical degree
- Minimum 5+ years of electrical design experience working on industrial, commencial, and institutional projects
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2013
- Knowledge of building codes and standards including NEC, NFPA 101, NFPA 110, and energy codes
- Must be able to perform basic electrical calculations
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Solid verbal communication skills
Shrader Engineering has an excellent 401k retirement plan, performance bous plan, healthcare plan, wellness program (Lifetime Athletic Facility membership), continued education and other generous benefits. The firm takes great pride in an outstanding working environment with opportunity for growth.
Shrader Engineering - 15 months ago