Eaton Corporation located in Omaha, NE has an opening for a Lead Designer - Electrical for the Omaha Power Center Medium Voltage Switchgear product line.
The Lead Designer (Electrical) is responsible for preparing all necessary electrical drawings for assigned projects including, but not limited to, one-line, panel fronts, three-line, schematic, and wiring diagrams for complex assemblies based upon customer specifications and information provided by customer engineering (COE); perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of drafting principles, drafting standards, and related technical knowledge.
The essential functions are: Prepare complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications. Incorporate design direction from customer engineering to ensure correct interpretation of the product order. Assist customer engineering (COE) with the analysis and interpretation of customer inquiries relating to assemblies, during the engineering and manufacturing phases. Develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance applications, operating characteristics, or performance of components of assemblies. Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing testing, and installation of assemblies. Compile data required for project assignments and develop reports, nameplate lists, cable schedules, and other related written documents as required. Maintain contact with manufacturing and engineering personnel to review and discuss diagrams, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment. Contact the Engineering Department Lead Engineer, the Master Electrical Designer, or customer engineering (COE) to verify circuit operation or to suggest methods to correct errors. Assist and train new employees in all aspects of electrical drafting and testing; recommend technical methods or approaches for them in order to increase their overall quality, timeliness, and productivity. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment. Provide input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes and systems and perform other related duties as required.
Eaton Corporation plc is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. The company is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in 2012. The new company, Eaton Corporation plc, has approximately 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
- An associate degree in Drafting & Design, Industrial Electronics or Electronic Engineering Technology that includes coursework in drafting principles (CAD), physics, elements of electricity and mechanics.
- Minimum one year experience with AutoCAD.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company-related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual, permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Must live within a commuting distance (50 miles), as relocation benefits are not offered for this position.
- One (1) year of experience preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as customer engineering interpretation.
- Experience with Microstation
- Experience with Vault or other drawing management software
Monster - 13 months ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...