The Electrical Engineer, Product Engineering is responsible for understanding and assessing the electrical hardware components of the Proteus Wearable Sensor. This includes working with the early development team to improve design for manufacturability, production test development, and process or design changes to improve yield and throughput concerns in production. An understanding of PCB electronics and strong EE fundamentals as well as an ability to juggle multiple tasks in a face paced environment required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the electrical hardware device design to provide input to development teams on DFM. Generally represent manufacturing concerns during a new product’s development phase.
- Implement process improvements, as required, to reduce field failures, improve manufacturing yield, and/or reduce product costs.
- Create/manage processes as required to manufacture and deliver wearable receivers to both internal and external customers.
- Create documentation to support regulatory filings including: Technical Files for UL, CE and FDA (510(k), IDE, PMA) applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in EE with 2 to 5 years of industry experience, with a focus on hardware development or production.
- Experience with high-volume/disposable production of medical devices, including new product development or introduction, a strong plus.
- Excellent presentation and training facilitation skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to make effective and persuasive group presentations on complex topics to management and employees.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to write presentations and other documents effectively.
- Familiarity with basics of statistical analysis and assessing statistical relevance.
- Familiarity with SPC and JMP, Minitab or equivalent software a plus.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Position requires ability to communicate in speech/presentation format before individuals and groups.
- Travel to external suppliers may be required.
Proteus Digital Health - 10 months ago