Electrical Engineer, Seattle
About Tetra Tech Inc.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of architecture,
engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a
diverse company, including individuals with expertise in
science, research, resource management, sustainable
design, energy efficiency, construction, and information
technology. Our strength is in collectively providing
integrated services—delivering the best solutions to
meet our clients’ needs.
In a complex world with competing demands for limited
resources, Tetra Tech offers clear solutions made
possible with sound science, understanding, innovation,
and industry-leading approaches.
Tetra Tech has an employment opportunity in our Seattle,
WA office for a junior or intermediate level Electrical
Engineer. The successful candidate will work under the
supervision of the lead Electrical Engineer, and will
perform electrical design for new and remodeled
facilities. Design tasks will include:
- Performing circuiting design for power and lighting
riser diagrams, electrical floor plans, schedules, and
- Preparing, reviewing, or updating one-line diagrams,
- Incorporating design changes using AutoCAD and/or
mechanical and plumbing disciplines.
- Coordinating electrical equipment lists with
- Preparing project-specific technical specifications.
- Performing service load calculations and power systems
and that work is performed within budgetary constraints.
- Assisting in assuring that project schedules are met
basis-of-design descriptions, project manuals, responses
- Assisting in the preparation of status reports,
to client comments, memoranda of understanding, and
other project-related documentation.
Requests for Information.
- Reviewing submittals and providing responses to
Minimum requirements for this position include:
a related field.
- Must possess a BS degree in electrical engineering or
- Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Must possess 3 – 7 years of experience in a consulting
AutoCAD and Revit.
- Must be experienced and proficient with the use of
- Must possess a working knowledge of the Microsoft
information, both orally and in writing.
- Must be capable of clearly communicating technical
other regulations associated with construction of new
- Must have a basic understanding of NEC, the NESC, and
to travel to client offices and project sites.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and be willing
- Must be willing to occasionally travel out of the
Desired additional qualifications include:
one within 2 years.
- Possess a PE license, or have the ability to obtain
and other low-voltage systems.
- Have experience with design of fire alarm, security,
and design of lighting control systems.
- Have experience with selection of lighting fixtures
software (e.g., SKM Power*Tools, ETAP, Easypower,
- Have experience with the use of power systems analysis
medium-voltage distribution systems.
- Have experience in the design of substations and
facilities (e.g., vehicle maintenance facilities,
- Have experience with the design of several types of
offices, laboratories, hospitals, military facilities,
schools, and waste water treatment plants)
occasionally travel out of the country.
- Possess a valid passport and be willing to
We are actively pursuing candidates to join our team and
contribute to our professional excellence. Tetra Tech,
Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes
from all interested parties including, women,
minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Work for one of the premier architecture and engineering
firms and establish a strong career path, so join our
innovative and exceptional team!
Req. Code : GLS-ELECTR-JAB
Division/Department : GLS
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...