Shrader Engineering is seeking a motivated and talented licensed electrical engineer with marine infrastructure design experience.
This challenging position involves working as part of a highly specialized electrical, communications, and information technology team focused on design and construction management of marine technology based projects.
Candidate must have Tier 3 and Tier 4 data center design experience and comprehensive understanding of tier standard topologies. Must have experience in critical infrastructure power systems design including integrated power distribution and switchgear, standby generators and automatic transfer systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), surge suppression and filter systems, harmonic filters, isolation transformers, DC power systems, emergency-power-off (EPO) systems, power distribution units (PDU’s), static dissipative flooring and grounding systems, and computer grade cooling systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include working closely with other engineers and designers in the development and design of construction documents and specifications related to business-critical data center facility design including building power distribution systems, emergency power systems, lighting, fire alarm, and security.
The candidate will be required to manage and oversee the development of technical plans and specifications, supervise electrical system modeling, coordinate with client and other disciplines to support project completion, and support continued development of the firm’s data center market.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with P.E. registration in Texas; if licensed outside the State, candidate must be licensed by exam
- Must have solid background in electrical power distribution and standby power systems design
- Minimum 5 years of experience in tier rated design of data centers and other types of mission critical facilities
- Experience performing electrical short-circuit analysis and coordination studies using ETAP or EasyPower modeling software
- Accredited Tier Designer and LEED Certification a plus
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Solid verbal communications skills and the desire to support the firm’s marketing efforts in the data center market
Shrader Engineering offers competitive benefits package, competitive salary, auto allowance and modern office facilities. The firm has an excellent 401(k) retirement plan, performance bonus plan, healthcare plan, wellness program, continued education reimbursement and other generous benefits. The firm also takes great pride in an outstanding working environment with plenty of opportunity for growth.