Generally be responsible for performing all aspects for complete designs of small and large electrical and instrumentation engineering assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. This work will be performed under minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Familiarity with and utilization of department design and drafting standards.
• Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
• Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly.
• On-site assistance during startup.
• Producing estimate level preliminary designs and material take-offs suitAbility for the level of the estimate being performed on a project.
• Producing detail design calculations and sketches for materials of construction associated with the project. Calculations produced will be neatly prepared and organized for efficient checking by others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as a deliverAbility when required.
• Producing designs with efficient use of construction materials with an overall emphasis on ease of construction and completed product meeting the expectations of the client.
• Checking calculations made by other engineers to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and conformance to good engineering practice.
• Assisting the drafting group in resolving routine layout and detailing problems. It is your responsibility to furnish sufficient sketches and details necessary for completion of engineering drawings.
• Consulting with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for the scheduled completion of the project.
• Advising the senior engineer concerning design or scope changes, which have been identified.
• Assisting other engineers in developing and assembling scopes, drawings and specifications into a “package”, enabling electrical/instrumentation purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of materials or subcontract pricing.
• Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for electrical/instrumentation input.
• Developing construction specifications.
• Reviewing fabrication drawings and other construction submittals for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications.
• Performing fieldwork necessary to gather field data, check tie-ins and provide construction support.
• Providing technical guidance to less experienced drafting and engineering personnel in the department.
• Knowledge of the discipline specific methods, practices and techniques required to engineer, design and construct process and manufacturing projects.
• Applying advanced engineering techniques and analysis to complex designs.
• Producing installation details, motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementaries, connection diagrams, cAbility schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power and instrumentation plans under general supervision.
• Developing conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest, most efficient approach to solving engineering tasks at hand.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 6 to 10 years of industrial experience.
• Knowledge and application of the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
• Familiarity with specifications and installation details of construction bulk materials and equipment.
• Ability to perform lighting level calculations.
• Ability to size wire, conduit and overcurrent protection for both lighting and power applications.
• Ability to perform voltage drop calculations.
• Ability to route conduit and cAbility tray.
• Ability to calculate tray fill.
• Ability to determine motor control center loading.
• Ability to create accurate electrical installation documents from the information found on vendor equipment drawings.
• Ability to determine load center unit substation loading.
• Ability to develop equipment specifications for equipment such as motor control centers, variable frequency drivers, induction and synchronous motors, load center unit substations.
• Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements for the production of all electrical deliverables.
• Ability to develop a construction cost estimate, a detailed engineering schedule and a man-hour budget for a small project or an area for a larger project.
• Ability to determine construction material quantities.
• Knowledge and application of company engineering design and CAD drafting standards.
• Working knowledge of CAD software, either AutoCAD, Microstation or both.
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb ladders or perform duties utilizing a safety harness.
• Ability to perform duties within confined spaces for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a fire-retardant jumpsuit, safety glasses, ear plugs and/or hard hat.
• Ability to lift and carry in excess of 10 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1995, Hargrove Engineers + Constructors has served the needs of industry through its dedication to the client’s best interests....