The Electrical Engineer will provide Quality, Value and Sustaining (QVS) innovations to electrical designs that implement a wide range of Highly Portable Ultrasound Machines with a high dynamic range of requirements. A successful candidate will be able to navigate complex digital functions and precision analog functions to solve functional and noise issues on existing products. Experience with shielding and grounding techniques is a plus.
Successful candidates will have a quick mind, strong analytical abilities, openness to new ideas, flexibility, and excellent teamwork qualities. Serves as a resource by initiating action to overcome obstacles and prevent potential problems. Able to multitask.
Conceives of, plans, designs, and develops solutions to the QVS company goals. Works with engineering design and manufacturing personnel to ensure all project needs/expectations are met.
- Develop and maintain schedules for hardware activities.
- Simulate Analog and Digital Circuit designs.
- Design verification testing.
- Contribute towards improving design tools/infrastructure.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
- Areas may include design validation, reliability analysis, qualification of new components, line failure analysis, etc.
- Experience supporting Validation and Verification testing
- Modify engineering test requirements and system/subsystem test plans and perform testing.
- Experience working with a diverse cross-functional team including Mechanical Engineering, V&V Engineering, Regulatory, Production, and Program Management.
Interface with designers and other disciplines.
- Prototype design improvements and changes. Production board troubleshooting and debugging to identify root cause and required modifications to resolve production or field failure issues.
- Modification of specifications, schematics, design documentation, related verification procedures, and change notices for QVS activities.
- Perform work with minimal general supervision and independent problem solving skills.
- Typical projects will include replacing End of Life components, QVS Board Spins and design improvements.
- Provides feedback on improvement of the electrical engineering processes
- Present findings, participate in technical discussions and design reviews.
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
- BS electrical engineering with 5 years experience minimum.
- Expertise required in one or more of the following: Analog Design, Digital, low noise, high speed digital, DSP, FPGA, EMI, ESD, Grounding and/or DC-DC Power Supply design.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (i.e., FDA, FAA) is a plus
- Medical ultrasonic imaging experience is a plus.
- Must have effective oral and written technical communication skills, as well as good interpersonal and small team skills
- Working knowledge of schematic entry and layout tools (e.g., ORCAD, PADS, Altium, etc.) is required.
- Experience with simulation tools (e.g., HyperLynks, LTSpice, etc.) is a plus.
- Candidate must have effective problem solving skills.
- Relates to peers in a positive, cooperative way and maintain productive relationships with key functional areas.
- Able to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.
SonoSite Inc. - 20 months ago