Will be a member of the Proximity Radio Section 337G and will report to the Group Supervisor. Will design, build, assemble, test, document, and deliver digital electronic subsystems. Will develop FPGA (Verilog) subsystems as part of electronic subsystems. Will lead flight hardware integration and test teams to produce integrated products. Will interface with team members, product delivery and task managers, line management, government agencies, other NASA centers, vendors, contractors, and suppliers. Will lead proposal efforts. Will lead the development and implementation of software defined radio architectures, waveforms, digital and analog interfaces and interface control documents, digital signal processing and related analysis, requirements development and verification tests and procedures, worst case and parts stress analysis, self test routines, drivers, configuration management, and issue tracking and resolution for flight software defined radios. Will lead the design and integration of highly complex FPGA behavioral models for circuit simulation and verification. Will lead other engineers in test and verification of complex circuits or FPGAs. Will coordinate the work of specialist engineers to develop integrated concepts. Will conduct complex design, analysis, characterization, simulation, test and/or verification of electronic circuits and assemblies.
Will design and develop circuits used in electronic devices. Will be responsible for integrated circuit or printed wiring board design, device evaluation and characterization, circuit analysis, test and support equipment design, prototype construction and checkout. Will design electronics subsystems and system architectures and develop requirements and specifications. Will develop advanced technology for use in electronics components and systems. Will prepare test methods and specifications; conduct experimental tests; provide final equipment approval, and prepare documentation and user information. Will research, develop, design, and test electronic components, equipment, technology, systems and networks. May include specifying, designing and testing for compatibility with applicable electromagnetic environments.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Development and implementation of software, FPGA firmware, FPGA hardware, and digital hardware.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in digital hardware, FPGAs and microprocessors.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in FPGAs, microprocessors, and code development.
• Experience building and leading teams through the implementation process: requirements and specifications, design, fabrication, assembly, testing, verification, customer interactions, required processes, reviews, and documentation.
• Expertise with SystemVerilog, Synopsys Synplify Pro, Actel Designer, Libero, and Matlab. Experience with SPARC and LEON processors. Expertise with lab equipment: spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, RF signal generators, power supplies, bit error rate test sets, RF power meters, frequency counters, power conditioners, and arbitrary waveform generators. Experience with flight projects, handling flight hardware, and relevant certifications.
• Advanced knowledge in field to develop detailed design specifications and develop individual complex circuits or FPGA modules from them.
• Advanced knowledge of practices and standards to generate all required documentation of engineering
• Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Experience with software defined radios, operating environments, proximity one and CCSDS protocols.
If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team and enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration, apply now!
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer devoted to work force diversity.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory - 10 months ago