- Perform system safety and reliability evaluations of proposed Space Station mission flight rules and Crew Operational Procedures prior to on-orbit use.
- Complete the International Space Station and Safety and Mission Assurance (ISS SMA), Mission Evaluation Room (MER) training and certification program to support real-time operations.
- Support Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews of ISS systems hardware, provide engineering evaluations against design and safety requirements.
- Assure the technical adequacy of analyses developed by outside agencies.
- Assess the system safety and fault tolerance characteristics of ISS flight equipment operations to include analyses using fault trees and event simulation modeling of ISS operational support plans.
- Develop and evaluate root cause and corrective actions using standard engineering techniques, such as Fault Tree Analysis.
- Perform real-time risk assessments of ISS systems and operational charges and their impacts to the crew and vehicle.
- Required to work limited shift schedule.
- Participate in the ISS Program (ISSP) forums to provide SMA engineering support in vehicle development and operations processes.
- Provide technical engineering support to NASA ISSP - Representatives to decision-making boards and panels.
- Review and assess safety analysis hazard reports, requirement non-compliances and support programmatic safety reviews.
- Evaluate safety and mission assurance impacts of proposed engineering changes to ISS hardware and processes.
- Assess Failure Modes and Effects Analyses and Critical items for SMA engineering accuracy and completeness.
- Assess ISS hardware Problem Reports to ensure that they capture safety and reliability issues.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited university
- Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace education or experience
- 0-3 years of experience in operations and/or engineering
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software (MS Office)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, mandatory
- Must be able to travel (minimal) and work shifts periodically
- Ability to communicate extensively through verbal and written interaction with high level customer personnel
- US Citizenship required (working at a Federal Campus)
GHG Corporation - 19 months ago