Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Electrical Engineer to its engineering team at our Lewisport, KY facility. Purpose of this role is to plan, manage, and implement capital, maintenance, and upgrade projects to continuously improve the plants electrical equipment, achieving specified measurable results, following all Aleris policies and governmental regulations.|
*This job is located in Lewisport, KY.
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to electrical equipment utilizing lean manufacturing techniques.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating with maintenance supervision for repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
- Investigates electrical equipment failures and difficulties, diagnoses faulty operation and makes recommendations to maintenance crew to ensure quality of product matches customer specifications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks, promoting open communication with peers and providing updates to direct management.
- Maintains compliance with all company and governmental regulations.
- Prepare and/or modify Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- Provide technical training to all applicable personnel regarding mechanical systems and functions.
- Assemble and review bid analyses. Make recommendations as necessary.
- Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology and 3-5 years experience in an industrial environment required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organization skills preferred.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Continuous Improvement principles helpful.
- Basic computer skills required for MS Office Suite, advanced skills beneficial.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago