Job Title: Electrical Engineer
New Hill, NC 27562
Get Job Search RSS Feeds > >
Job ID: 19439
APC is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a position in New Hill, NC.
The effort is in response to the NRC Near term Task Force (NTTF) Recommendation 4.2 following the Fukushima Dai-ichi earthquake and tsunami. Design Authority reviews will be performed for internal Engineering changes produced by the Harris Major Projects group as well as Engineering changes outsourced to external A/Es.
The Engineering changes associated with this task will be developed between now and May 2014 for implementation in RFO-19 in the spring of 2015.
This position will report to Design Engineering.
The candidate will be expected to engage in design development of assigned Engineering Changes to ensure full compliance with existing Nuclear plant design basis requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of nuclear power plant design experience to perform Design Authority reviews of Electrical modifications associated with implementation of diverse and flexible mitigation strategies – or FLEX – that will increase defense in depth for beyond design basis scenarios to address Extended Loss of AC Power (ELAP) and loss of normal access to the Ultimate heat Sink occurring simultaneously at the nuclear Site.
- The ability to obtain qualification as a modification engineer is desirable in order to be fully functional and work independently in this position with demonstration of past qualification at other nuclear stations acceptable
- Knowledge of PassPort for design work is desirable.
- PE preferred but not required.
- Individual will be required to obtain unescorted access to the Nuclear Plant including General Employee training, Radiation Worker training, Security Clearance Checks and subject to the site’s Fitness for Duty Program.
Company: Alliance of Professionals and Consultants
Location: New Hill, NC, 27562, USA