Cooper Lighting, a subsidiary of Cooper Industries a fortune 500 company, is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future.
We have a team of talented engineers, designers and technicians working hard to advance our lighting technologies in our state of the art Innovation Center. The 60,000 square foot, multi-million dollar facility is home to the research, development, design, validation and manufacturing of our proprietary products.
As we continue to lead the lighting industry we remain dedicated to growing our business and our people! We believe in providing our employees and YOU the opportunity grow, have fun and take pride in their/your work.
If YOU want to be a leader in creating our new innovative products and thrive in a fast-paced, environment, then our engineering team is looking for YOU!
Cooper Lighting is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our talented engineering department. As an Electrical Engineer you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas including;
In this position you will also work closely with other disciplines in the development and timely completion of projects to include the planning, scheduling, cost analysis, evaluation of alternatives, design review, management review, tooling release and production release.
- New product design
- Manufacturing coordination
- Testing and evaluation.
- Electronic components
- Equipment and systems
- Related control systems
Eaton's Cooper Lighting endeavors to make our career site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the Division Talent Management Representative at (770) 486-4488. Eaton's Cooper Lighting is an EEO/AA employer M/F/V/D.
- BS in Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- 1-3 years of electrical/ electronic product design experience (lighting products or lighting product controls related industry)
- Knowledge of power electronic concepts, switch mode power supply theory of operation, resonant systems, and control systems
- Knowledge of electric arc discharge lamp concepts a plus
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry design
- Knowledge of PCB routing software, preferably Altium Designer
- Knowledge of C Language programming for embedded solutions
- Knowledge of UL/CSA/NOM standards and CADAM is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
Cooper Industries - 19 months ago