E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power
and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia,
and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated
just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an
ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better
wherever we operate.
Electrical Engineer; responsible for engineering and
technical support of electrical systems and equipment to
ensure quality, reliability and cost effective
construction and operation of E.ON Climate & Renewables
(EC&R) North America Wind Farms.
1. Ensure the highest level of environmental health and
safety is incorporated in all electrical engineering and
design aspects of wind generation projects
2. Establish and maintain the electrical engineering and
design criteria to be used on all applicable equipment,
engineering standards and specifications for Wind Farm
3. Provide all required support to Operations,
Procurement, Development and Construction Project
Managers to assure timely and cost effective resolution
to electrical engineering issues.
4. Responsible for the review, approval, and technical
oversight of plant electrical system design and
5. Responsible for engineering/technical interface with
Turbine Suppliers on electrical issues
6. Select electrical engineering consultants when needed
to support projects and manage their activities to
ensure consistent criteria, cost effective designs and
7. Support the regulatory and permitting process for
Wind Farms, as required in the area of electrical
8. Support the procurement of Wind Turbines and
associated electrical equipment
accredited college engineering program.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering from a ABET
state (or ability to obtain one within a year) –
- Minimum Engineer in Training (EIT) in at least one
Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
to Utility, Renewables, and/or Power Plant design,
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience applicable
construction and operations – 4 years plus is preferred.
the following: transmission, substation, distribution,
- Minimum 2 years design experience in one or more of
collection, system studies, and/or system protection – 4
years plus is preferred.
systems – experience in collection design, system
- General knowledge of electrical power equipment and
studies, or system protection is preferred.
Req. Code : ECR-0313-0905
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Offer Relocation : Maybe
E.ON - 15 months ago