Precision-Paragon [P2], a Hubbell Lighting brand, manufactures energy efficient lighting for commercial and industrial buildings. Our LED, Fluorescent and specialty fixtures let building owners and managers retrofit their facilities and drastically cut energy consumption, creating big cost savings and significant environmental benefits.
The Electrical Engineer will be integral in the product development process and will fulfill a key role in the development of solid state lighting luminaire. The Electrical Engineer will develop, select, analyze and test electrical circuits and components to create distinct, cost effective lighting products. This position will appeal to a high energy problem solver who wants to make a difference working for an entrepreneurial brand of a larger corporation that is committed to customer satisfaction and profitable growth in an expanding marketplace.
- Independently conceptualizes and produces detailed electrical product designs for luminaire, accessories and components with a focus on LED luminaire lighting performance and control.
- Create and maintain documentation to support the production and testing of the product. Documentation to include detailed wiring schematics, lighting certification (LM-79, DLC, etc.), manufacturing instructions, installation instructions, patent work and product safety (UL, CSA, etc.) testing.
- Develops cost estimates as required throughout the design process and identifies and evaluates cost saving alternatives to guide product development.
- Directs and participates in producing and updating Bills of Material for designs and tracks deliveries to ensure schedules are met.
- Coordinates with in-house and contract resources to develop quick turn prototypes for product testing and evaluation.
- Interfaces with customers and vendors, as well as P2 leadership team to ensure that the product design meets the aesthetics, ergonomics and functional expectations.
- Function as a liaison between New Product Development and Production to support the transition of products into the manufacturing environment.
- Conducts thorough competitive, market, technology, application research and analysis to support future new product development projects.
- Prepares for and participates in design reviews.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering is needed with 4 (+) years of product design and manufacturing experience in solid state lighting design preferred.
- An in depth knowledge of electronic controls and power supply design as they relate to solid state lighting.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board layout and manufacturing.
- Strong working knowledge of UL/CUL/CSA standards, NEC and other applicable codes is desired.
- Experience in optical design a plus.
- Experience in solid state lighting product design and retrofitting a plus.
- Solid working knowledge and proficiency in Windows based computer systems and office software is required. Knowledgeable in Inventor, Solidworks or other parametric modeling software and AutoCad.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities needed include:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas. Ability to communicate in such a way to influence peers and management, as well as communicate well cross-functionally in a professional manner.
- Ability to use Word, Excel and Microsoft Project software programs, to a level of professional proficiency. Able to produce professional Engineering reports including introductions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems of a complex nature quickly and independently.
- Ability to manage technical design from concept to validation.
- The candidate must be a person who aligns with our vision, mission and values. Key values we subscribe to which include honesty, loyalty, open, results orientated, strong work ethic and a willingness to do whatever it takes to serve both internal and external customers.
- Subscribe to the need for quality design and its impact on manufacturing efficiencies.
- Willingness to learn new things and likes to teach others.
- Understands how to get a job done on schedule and within budget while maintaining flexibility to change directions based on the priorities of the business.
- This position has limited travel. The amount of travel will be less than 5%.
EEO AA: M/F/D/V
Hubbell Employees: Click Here To Apply when not logged in.
Hubbell Incorporated - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and...