Duties and responsibilities:
ABOUT THE POSITION
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Electrical Engineering services to design, specify, and approve power distribution required for the construction of high tech manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitate power quality studies, capacity studies, remediation, UPS and emergency power strategy, short circuit and load coordination studies, and control system strategies.
- Incorporation of renewable power sources into traditional power systems providing mission critical reliability.
- Provide technical direction to designers and drafters assigned to specific tasks.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of schematic and detailed designs.
- Professional Engineering approval of work performed under direct supervision.
- Thoroughly familiar with National Electrical Code, NFPA documents, EIA / TIA, and building codes.
- Able to incorporate ‘green’ features into design solutions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Engineering Manager.
- Excellent knowledge of NEC
- Load calculation – 480V, 5Kv and 15 KV level
- Three-phase feeder sizing for switchgear, switchboard, panelboards, motors (up to 250hp)
- Ability to check/review one-line diagrams and make corrections, as the load being added
- High-level skills in laying out electrical equipment on the plan and coordinate with mechanical, architectural and structural discipline
- Ability to route major (3”to 6”) conduits through the facility in coordination with space management
- Ability to size up large (up to 36” wide) cable trays for 15KV and 480V
- Very good skills with Excel-based panelboard schedules
- Ability to do all the above using AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of SKM Power Tools – highly desirable
B.S., Electrical Engineering. P.E. license by examination preferred but not required and previous, semiconductor, government, and data center/mission critical facility or manufacturing project experience is required. Looking for anywhere from 5-20+ years of experience.
M+W U.S., Inc. is a full service engineering, architecture, and construction management firm. Our focus is technically complex and challenging projects in the fields of scientific research, electronics, renewable energies, life science, battery technology, data centers and government.
Over our 98-year history, we have emerged as a world leader in the design and construction of research and development centers, mission critical facilities, and high tech manufacturing facilities spanning the gamut from proof-of-concept to high volume manufacturing. The partnerships we have formed take us to every continent in the world.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every facet, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Interested? Please send your application stating your income requirements and the earliest day you could start working to , Phone: or write an email to , who will also be able to give you further information.
Our postal address for your application:
M+W U.S., Inc.
1001 Klein Road, Suite 400
Plano, TX 75074, USA
Phone +1 (972) 535-7300
Fax +1 (972) 535-7301