Employee Type: Full Time
Engineer, Electrical II (CNC)
Mitsuibish Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU) is seeking a Electrical Engineer II to design and support CNC Machine Tool Cabinet from customer supplied specifications. Work with Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to develop a complete control package design to support MEAU manufacturing and to meet the customers’ needs and requirements.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and verify customer specifications (Schematic & Cable drawings, Electrical Component Lists, etc.). Create an assembly drawing package based on customer specification to assist Prototype and assembly in manufacturing the control cabinets.
• Use AutoCAD to create Point Wiring and Cable drawings.
• Utilize DMS to maintain cable drawings on the website.
• Support Senior Engineer to create Bill of Materials and assembly drawings.
• Support Engineering Manager to create quotations based on customer specifications
• Create Engineering Change Notice (ECN) to support customer design change requests.
• Use MS Word to write the ECN
• Create Material Master, BOM & Change Master in SAP
• Prepare and create complete system BOM in SAP.
• Support and maintain Engineering Dept ISO9000 as an Action or Documentation Control Team member.
• Evaluate electrical and cable components to find alternate designs to achieve targeted cost reduction.
• Perform other job functions as assigned.
• Minimum travel to customer sites for Prototype Power up evaluation, as needed.
Essential Education, Skills and Education:
• BSEE or BSEET degree plus 3 to 8 years of Electrical Engineering design experience
• Be able to read schematic drawings and translate to point wirings
• Be able to operate AutoCAD software
• Be able to interpret various UL standards, especially UL508A
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with and maintain effective relationships with customers and vendors
• Team work orientation
• Computer proficiency – knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
• Attention to details is required.
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience:
• Experience in Power Distribution preferred
• Knowledge in NEC code a plus
• Experience in SAP a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a business casual environment with an excellent benefits and compensation package including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
For more information about our Company, please visit us at www.meau.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/q95fgnb
Education Required: 4 year college
Experience Required: 3-6 years
Travel Required: Up to 25%
- 2 years ago - save job