Reference Code: 1400201
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and professional products that touch the lives of people where they live, learn, and work. We are committed to building brands that matter in the lives of the users of our products. We are also committed to leveraging the scale of our company to bring the power of a $6 billion dollar business to bear on each of the business segments through shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our global sales are approximately $6 billion and we have a strong portfolio of globally recognized brands including Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, Levolor, Kirsch, and Teutonia. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Rubbermaid Home Organization and Style requires a professional ready to move into a fast-paced manufacturing environment. As a Electrical Engineer for this company, you will be responsible for handling the development, implementation, and management of lighting systems, electrical wiring systems to include PLC’s, electric motors (AC & DC drives), data collection, communication systems, and utilities management. Design and build electronic communications systems and develop new tech gadgets to assist in the manufacturing of the product. Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques, as well as a basic level of CAD skills. Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Newell Rubbermaid standards.
Essential Functions/Job Requirements:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of five years of experience working closely with Production, Engineering, and Maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work in a teaming environment.
- Strong commitment to Lean manufacturing principles.
- Reliable, Independent, Self-Directed, Self-Motivated, and Detail-Oriented.
- Ability to lead a project from ideation through completion.
- Ability to mentor and lead others such as Electricians, Junior Engineers, etc…
- Extensive knowledge of NEC and able to apply this knowledge to the entire Jackson facility to ensure compliance with all laws, codes and regulations.
- Experience working safely with high voltage currents (up to 480v 3-phase) throughout the Jackson facility.
- Solid background programming PLC and HMI devices on multiple software platforms for the entire Jackson facility.
- Able to program with object oriented programming.
- Competent with using data acquisition tools and techniques and providing the data in the appropriate format.
- Demonstrated competence troubleshooting and working with FANUC robotics and associated controls programming.
- Proficiency and capable to design hardware as needed for the Jackson facility (panel design, I/O, bill of materials, safety circuits).
- Ability to design and draw electrical schematics.
- Able to install and troubleshoot AC and DC drives.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot Electronic Controls programs for the Jackson facility.
- Able to assist with machine design and implementation in regards to schematics, wiring diagrams, layout, functionality, etc...
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Project.
- Experienced and proven track record effectively managing the electrical power and associated cost controls.
- Experience leading/managing sustainability projects for the Jackson facility.
- Strong skills leading others to work safely and drive safety improvements in the facility.
- Ability to mentor and coach others.
- Manage two other Technicians in regards to all aspects of electrical functions for the Jackson facility.
Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
- AutoCAD literacy.
- Experience with resistance welding.
- Experience with European controls and voltage.
- Experience with powder paint coat finishing.
Newell Rubbermaid - 12 months ago
Newell Rubbermaid Inc., is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2013 sales of $5.7 billion and a strong portfolio of...