Parsons Brinckerhoff, a leader in transportation engineering for over 125 years and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Balfour Beatty Group is seeking a Electrical Engineer for our Baltimore, MD Office.
Position involves performing electrical engineering and design for transit, industrial, commercial and institutional projects and may include the following functions:
- Prepare design criteria documents, calculations, drawings and specifications for electrical systems including power distribution, standby power, lighting, communications, fire alarm, security and various other special systems
- Develop costs estimates for electrical systems
- Provide support during construction activities
Project assignments may include, although not limited to, vehicular or rail tunnels, telecommunication facilities, traffic management centers, transit centers, transit maintenance facilities, parking structures, pump stations, or bridge infrastructure.
This is an excellent technical position for a proficient engineer to influence production of engineering design for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, or Microstation, and proficiency in Microsoft Office products required
- Must be familiar with requirements of the Natonal Electrical Code
- Experience to include: electrical design, specifications, cost estimating, construction activity support. Areas of experience should preferably include one or more of the following categories of facilities: Vehicular and rail tunnels, telecommunications, transit, aviation, industrial, commercial, educational, healthcare, or governmental
- At least 3 years experience in engineering and design of building or infrastructure electrical systems including standby power, lighting, and special systems
- BSEE required
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) certification a plus
- Legally qualified to work in the United States
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 13 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...