RDK Engineers is hiring an Electrical Engineer for our busy Andover office.
As a specialized mechanical and electrical engineering design firm that has been in continuous operation for well over a century, RDK Engineers (RDK) prides ourselves on the quality of our design, our commitment to sustainability, and our unwavering focus on client satisfaction.
We are a great firm with great people offering great projects. Come join us!
What are the job responsibilities?
The basic function of the Electrical Engineer position is to develop plans and specifications, reports and cost estimates on a number of concurrent projects.
What are the Qualifications and Requirements Needed to Succeed?
- Performs professional engineering tasks under the supervision of a senior engineer and/or project manager
- Obtains and documents field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in and out of state. Some overnight travel may be required.
- May supervise Jr. Engineers and Designers within own discipline, review work of junior level engineers, designers and technicians to ensure quality.
- Assists Group Leader with project planning, managing schedules and budgets to complete work on time and within budget.
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for estimating purposes.
- May assist with defining staffing needs for specific projects and coordinating staff assignments to ensure optimal utilization of staff and timely delivery of high quality products and services.
- Within technical specialty is able to design and layout routine portions of a project by utilizing Revit/ACAD or other means, and is moderately proficient in CAD. Able to CAD the design.
- Develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for a limited number of concurrent projects.
- Prepares studies, drawing or sketches as required; creates final design documents.
- Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, is able to specify engineering systems from catalogs or CADD systems.
- Communicates effectively with staff, vendors and clients.
- Graduate from an accredited four-year engineering curriculum.
- Must have a minimum of five years of specific on-the-job experience in the consulting engineering field including developing plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of the discipline he/she is designing
- Formal training in Revit/Autocad MEP preferred or commensurate experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- EIT (Fundamentals of Engineering Examination) or PE preferred
Have the required skills and experience?
Apply online at: www.rdkengineers.com
RDK Engineers - 19 months ago