Our busy Boston office is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to design electrical building systems for a wide range of projects (K-12, infrastructure, science and technology). You will develop plans and specifications and reports on a number of concurrent projects. Other duties include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering tasks in own discipline, under the supervision of a senior engineer and/or project manager.
- May obtain field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in state and out of state. May require overnight travel. Documents existing conditions onto paper.
- Reviews work of junior level engineers, designers and technicians to ensure quality.
- Solves standard engineering problems.
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
- Performs research and writes reports.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for estimating purposes.
- Within his or her technical specialty, is able to design and lay out routine portions of a project by Revit/ACAD or other means, and is moderately proficient in CAD. Is able to CAD the design him or herself.
- Develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for a limited number of concurrent projects.
- Creates final design documents.
- Will perform calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package.
- Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, is able to specify engineering systems from catalogs or CADD systems.
- Prepares studies, drawing or sketches as required.
- Performs short-circuit and coordination studies with SKM.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to cutting/trimming of plans, blueprint making, photocopying, plotting, scanning, packaging, mailing, and any other miscellaneous duties which may be required from time to time to assist in the smooth operation of the firm.
- Communicates effectively with staff, vendors and clients.
- Graduate from an accredited four-year engineering curriculum.
- Must have a minimum of five years of specific on-the-job experience in the consulting engineering field including developing plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of the discipline he/she is designing
- Formal training in Revit/AutoCAD MEP preferred but commensurate experience may be sufficient
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- EIT (Fundamentals of Engineering Examination) Preferred
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes a 401(k) plan, bonus opportunities, affordable health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance and disability benefits, generous paid time off policy and flextime.