For the fourth year in a row, as part of an independent survey, Sargento was voted as one of the top places to work in Southeastern Wisconsin. In fact, Sargento has been recognized among the top places to work across the nation! That's because, we hire good people and treat them like family.
And at Sargento you'll be in a highly visible position in a company big enough to be a national brand leader but small enough for you to feel at home and let you make an impact.
Our rewards include a competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and generous 401(k) and profit sharing benefits. Sargento offers its employees work-life balance and a unique, values-based culture that makes us recognized as an area employer of choice.
Performs a variety of electrical engineering type functions within the manufacturing, maintenance, engineering and facility areas. Provides complete power and control solution from need identification through completed project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provides electrical engineering support to engineering and manufacturing projects:
- Provides expertise/design for electrical power and automated controls in manufacturing operations.
- Provides expertise/design for electrical power and automated controls for facility renovations and expansions.
- Expertise may be used within any Sargento, customer, or supplier operation as needed.
- Provides manufacturing support to improve COGS
- Design and implement PLC and computer based control systems and solutions throughout Sargento. Works with Electrical
Engineering Manager to identify and implement the best technology for Sargento and provide cost effective solutions for controls.
- Provides project support or management for power distribution system modifications. Participated in regular reviews to prevent failures within internal power systems.
- Works with maintenance departments to control electrical standards, provide training, and provide any needed support.
- Supports common electrical component and PLC program utilization across facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, energy management, support of OSHA programs in conjunction with Safety Manager, and common training programs.
- Makes sure electrical drawings are done according to Sargento drawing standards and procedures.
- Monitors and implements improvements that conform to Sargento electrical standards.
- Coordinates the use of outside Engineering resources. Effectively manages outside resources as a cost effective supplement for internal people when workload requires additional resources.
- Develop strong relationships and communicates effectively with all Engineering, Manufacturing, Maintenance, and other internal and external groups.
- Utilizes statistical tools for enhancement of problem solving and project analysis.
- Coordinates and is responsible for completion of machine and systems training packages for managed projects.
Provides Project Management services as needed for assigned Engineering projects:
- Provides project identification, concept development, estimate, design, financial/scope/schedule control, start-up, training, and project closeout.
- Acts as Project Manager per Engineering Department definition “CAR Manager” for assigned projects
- Integrates all engineering disciplines for completion of all aspects of projects.
- Provides specifications, competitive bids, purchase order requests, invoice control, and other related activities.
- At Electrical Engineer level, scope of projects will generally be limited to smaller production lines or specific equipment improvements.
- Provides timely estimates for project, controls costs of project, and keeps project within schedule and cost.
- Provides project communications to keep applicable parties informed of project progress.
Provides/coordinates internal and external electrical engineering services and other services as needed for successful project completion:
- Provides projects in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates drafting and assures proper drawing methods, approvals, control, and archiving.
- Provides specifications, bid preparation, and bid solicitation to secure best pricing for Sargento.
- Stays current with technology to provide Sargento with the best available technology solutions.
- Assures a safe and ergonomically friendly project implementation.
- Provides research as needed to prove out project concepts or to find solutions to manufacturing issues.
Inventing may occur or be required as part of this position:
- Invents or discovers new and useful processes, machines, manufactures, or compositions of matter, or any new and useful improvements thereof for the exclusive use by and ownership of Sargento.
- Assigns all ideas and inventions conceived or developed while employed by Sargento or as a result of employment with Sargento.
- Discloses to Sargento any inventions that are conceived or made.
- Fully assists in making patent applications as well as refraining from disclosing inventions or ideas to others unless requested to do so by Sargento, and assigns any and all rights to Sargento.
Responsible use of the Internet for work is required.
Travel is required as needed to complete the functions within this position
- Daily travel between facilities and local suppliers is to be expected with the use of the person’s own vehicle required.
- Overnight travel will be required as needed to support projects or for training purposes.
- Extended periods of overnight travel may be required to support project and manufacturing needs at current and future manufacturing operations not within the immediate Plymouth area.
Confidentiality is required for all work.
Supervisory responsibilities are generally limited to indirect supervisory responsibilities are needed on a project basis for assigned technicians or engineers within the Engineering Department as well as outside engineering personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Women/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are Encouraged to Apply
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires a BSEE, BSEET, or equivalent from an ABET accredited college.
- Additional educational courses will be required as needed to sustain departmental/individual technological levels.
- Electrical Engineer level - Minimum of 2 years progressive, relevant electrical engineering experience.
Person in this position must be proficient and able to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to project teams, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Person in this position must be at a mathematical level to apply:
- Advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, and trigonometric functions.
- Mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Rate of return analysis with a firm understanding of life cycle costing and payback analysis.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Person in this position must also have:
-Effective computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Excel, Internet, Outlook, and CAD.
- An ability to work independently with resourcefulness, originality and initiative.
- An ability to follow health and safety practices in all work environments including but not limited to issues related to mechanical, electrical, fire, chemical and other hazards.
- An ability to fully understand drawing/drafting practices, utilize engineering standards of design, construction and installation and to effectively use a CAD system.
- An understanding of functional and design criteria for all electrical systems operating in a food plant environment.
- An ability to follow technical directions, effectively communicate technically and non-technically in both verbal and in written forms, work effectively in a team, train or instruct maintenance or production personnel, organize and plan work with maintenance people and vendors, and work and learn in a changing technical and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to visualize and interpret results from conceptual plans or blueprints.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Although not required, PE and EIT are encouraged.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sargento Foods - 10 months ago