Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Process/Chemical
Job Title :
Type of Position:
This position is located in a manufacturing facility 20 miles north of Lake City, FL.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
• Minimum five years of relevant electrical or manufacturing engineering experience specific to In-Plant services
• Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of experience
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Project management and client management skills
• Developing cross-discipline knowledge (such as, process, chemical, civil, electrical)
• Capable of functioning with spreadsheet, word processing & standard engineering software, including CAD
• Ability to quickly comprehend facilities operations and systems
• Ability to think and work independently
• Strong commitment to quality and safety
• Requires a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
This position is contingent upon the award of a contract.
The IE Division of URS is actively seeking a talented Electrical Engineer (EE) for a manufacturing facility north of Lake City, FL. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in electrical engineering specific to In-Plant Engineering Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assignments usually include one or more of the following: calculations, preparation of plans and specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in a specific narrow area of assignments
• Draws engineering conclusions for data analysis within area of technical proficiency
• Works independently with client and is comfortable being directed by the client
• Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through series of related detailed steps or process
• Reviews system requirements and prepares designs, scopes of work and estimates for new project
• Prepares drawings and visual aids
• Performs electrical design calculations and standard engineering computations utilizing good engineering practices
• Researches and analyzes electrical designs, such as design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
• Researches and verifies assignments meet building codes, regulatory and industry codes, laws and requirements, as well as client requirements
• Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments and manages large projects as required by the client
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering for large scope project
• Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard scientific techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out tasks
• Interacts regularly with clients
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...