Verathon™ - Electrical Engineer in Test
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our New Product Development group for a Test Engineer. The Test Engineer will be responsible for executing test plans in accordance with established development and department procedures to insure the production of quality web and device based products. This is an experienced level position for an Engineer of 2 to 5 years of experience.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
· Research, plan, design, prototype, test, and debug tools for testing high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices based on embedded and PC technology
· Test system architectures and complex custom signal processing instrumentation incorporating FPGAs and DSPs
· Develop test fixtures and custom automation
· Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop advanced solutions to medical problems
· Produce and review design documentation, including BOM's and system specifications
· Write test plans and bug reports
· Conduct in house product validation and verification and lead third party testing
· Assist with product transfer to production
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· BSEE required, relevant related advanced degrees will be considered
· 2-5+ Years as an Electrical or Electronics Engineer
§ Prefer have mixed signal experience (analog and digital)
§ Prefer have low voltage power supply design experience.
§ Ultrasound experience preferred
· Experience with any of the following preferred:
o Design of Experiments (DoE), test matrix definition, statistical data analysis
o HALT and HASS testing
o Environmental testing
o Shock and vibration testing
o Drop testing
· Hands-on lab skills including prototyping, testing, and debugging.
· Experience with oscilloscopes, DVMs, spectrum analyzers, and other common electronic instruments
· Experience with Schematic Capture (OrCad or equivalent), MatLab, and other EE design tools
· Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis preferred
· Programming experience using C and assembly language preferred
· Knowledge of FDA, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines preferred
· Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, and interested in the latest technology
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, good
· "Self-starter," highly motivated, strong commitment to meeting customer needs
· Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
· Authorized to work in the United States
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.
Verathon - 15 months ago