We are conducting a confidential search for an electrical engineering manager for an elite client of ours in Rhode Island. This is a rare opportunity to work for a company that values advancements in technology and, in turn, produces a superior product. The incumbent will work in a state-of-the art facility, in a beautiful location.
The incoming electrical engineering manager will hold a high profile position within the organization and will be tasked with leading technological advancements across the company’s diverse product lines. The position has 3 direct reports and 15-20 indirect reports. Management responsibilities include directing the engineering leads, promoting cross-functional teamwork, and mentoring development. Technically, the electrical engineering manager will be responsible for leading the design process from concept to development, chairing design reviews, leading the investigation of product failures, spearheading new product initiatives and ensuring bottom-line profitability.
This is a high-priority position and all candidates will be thoroughly screened by our firm before being presented to the client. If you do not have the minimum qualifications listed below, you will not be contacted or considered for this position. If your resume does not clearly reflect your qualifications, consider including a cover letter further detailing your suitability for the position.
Qualified candidates absolutely must have:
Candidates with the following additional qualifications will be contacted immediately:
- BS electrical engineering or very closely related technical field
- A minimum of 5 years experience successfully managing a team of electrical/electronic engineers
- “Cradle to grave” design and development of electronic products – must be able to give clear examples and walk through the entire design process
- Knowledge and proficiency in DOE and FMEA techniques
- Proficiency in a 3D CAD package (ProE, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc)
Salary expectations for this position fall between $150K and $175K plus bonus opportunities.
- Six Sigma Certification: Green or Black Belt
- 15+ years of total electrical engineering design experience
- C++, HMI programming experience; firmware development
- PCB design
- Consumer product design experience
A considerable relocation package is available for the right candidate.