The Electrical Engineering Intern position involves assisting the Electrical Engineers in performing both project related tasks as well as discipline related work.
• Assist with Implementation of Engineering Document Management System
• Assist with project documentation
• Assist in standard specification development and update
• Assist in Engineering Design Guideline development and update
• Assist in updating standard P&C drawings using AutoCAD
• Assist with requests from Operations for providing NERC/FERC data
• Assist with Collection System Layout preparation - Circuit Impedance Calculation, Verification of cable ampacity derating, Circuit Length Optimization, etc.
• Review of Arc Flash Study to verify with design drawings
• Review of Engineering Studies
• Review of Design Drawings
• Review of Equipment Drawings
• Attend Site Engineering Meetings
• Additional duties as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION: 3 years of undergraduate work towards BS Electrical Engineering with Power or Wind electives
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 0
REQUIRED LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD, electrical modeling software is needed.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Statistical and analytical skills, Problem-solving ability, Oral and written communication and presentation skills, Ability to be self-motivated
EDP Renewables North America
- 2 years ago - save job