Prepares proposal and project estimates for Electrical systems including the detailed review and understanding of applicable project requirements, plans and specifications. Supports overall proposal and project cost estimating, cost history, value engineering, subcontract bidding, negotiation and buyout. Ideal candidate will have experience across various markets - including industrial and commercial/public facilities - with large-scale project experience.
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate. Interprets scope in collaboration with Project Director and design professionals.
- Prepares conceptual budgets, systems estimates and detailed estimates.
- Prepares Electrical discipline estimates by developing complete quantity surveys ("take-offs") of scope(s) of the Work, including known and anticipated scope for complete project execution.
- Coordinates with project team during pricing document phase to develop systems strategies.
- Reviews design options and recommends best solution based on project requirements, cost, value engineering, or availability of materials and labor.
- Reviews all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Participates, as requested, in presentations to prospective clients, corporate management and clients.
- Provides technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Together, with Project Manager, sources subcontractors, participates in Electrical discipline buy-out, reviews subcontractor proposals, reviews scope, and analyzes bids. Follows up with subcontractors and compares in-house estimates to subcontractor bids.
- Works with Project Manager to award and negotiate subcontracts (assistance with procurement).
- Archives cost history and shares with other team members.
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimates, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists and other sources.
- Assists in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
HASKELL is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
- Baccalaureate degree in engineering or building construction.
- 10+ years industry experience preferred.
- LEED Accreditation a plus.
- Experience with design/build project delivery including value engineering
- Significant conceptual and detailed estimating experience on Electrical systems for complex projects.
- Demonstrated numerical and detailed estimating proficiency.
- Electrical systems knowledge, both engineering and construction. Engineering background/knowledge is preferred.
- Current market cost knowledge of complete Electrical systems, including component costs, material cost and labor cost.
- Experience with current estimating software systems.
- Innovative and inquisitive disposition is preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand, adopt and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust.