Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®. The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Job Title: Electrical Hardware Engineering Coop / Intern
Reports To: Sr. Manager
Position has no supervisory responsibilities
Essential Responsibilities: Assist in the design, assembly, and modification of electrical harnesses, load boxes, circuit boards, and prototype circuitry for engineering evaluation. Able to solder wires, connectors, and surface mount electrical components. Setup and execute test of components and assemblies under the technical or engineering supervision. Analyze and compile test results into reports for presentation to engineering and management Manage part list and Bill of Materials for prototype assemblies
Required Specific Knowledge
R equired Degree and/or Training
- Familiar with electronic components and their characteristics
- Read assembly and wiring diagrams.
- Familiar with MS Office software and be able to manage part list & Bills of Materials in Excel.
- Active enrollment toward an AS, BS, or MS degree in an electrical or computer engineering or engineering technology from an accredited institution or trade school .
- Able to solder wires, connectors, and surface mount electrical components.
- Able to assemble and build prototype assemblies from design drawings and schematics.
- Manage and Organize prototype material stock
Preferred Specific Knowledge
Preferred Degree and/or Training
- Read and edit schematics.
- Familiarity with electronic laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVM's, signal generators, and audio analyzers
Preferred Work Traits/Competencies
- Junior level student enrolled toward a degree in Electrical Engineering.
Eligibility Requirements: Willingness to work in Farmington Hills, MI Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
- Self Disciplined, Responsible. Able to schedule and manage time effectively.
- Team Oriented
Harman International - 22 months ago