Perform First Piece / First Article Inspections.
Perform receiving inspection on raw materials, in-process inspection on work in progress, final inspection on completed assemblies per documentation and record results.
Inspect a variety of electronic components and assemblies such as printed wiring boards, connectors with attached wires, flexible circuits, crimped or soldered wires, a variety of molded parts, and/or the use of such materials in electronic arrangements of various degrees of complexity.
Check for availability of tools, equipment and materials; receive or relocate materials from preceding operation or storage area as needed; arrange work place, equipment and materials for proper working procedure as required.
Ensure all required paperwork is received and previous operations indicated on the documents are completed in accordance with established procedures prior to conducting an inspection.
Complete Rejected Material Dispositions (RMD) paperwork and process for approval.
Maintain and, where required, calibrate equipment used in inspection and manufacturing processes.
Provide technical support to co-workers, suppliers or customers, including identifying and correcting specific problems.
May provide On-the-Job-Training (OJT) for other inspectors.
May assume limited supervisor responsibilities in the absence of the Quality Supervisor.
Perform other assignments as required.
- Proficient use of inspection tools and associated technical documents including but not limited to the following: voltmeters, micrometers, hand stamp, eye loop, pedestal mounted magnifying glass or scope with light, in-process work sheets, drawings, blueprints, specifications sheets, bills of material, a variety of jigs and fixtures for examining components and assemblies and calibrated measuring rules.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to interact with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Knowledge of required standards, as identified in training matrix, including ISO and Mil Specs.
- Intermediate level computer proficiency including e-mail, Word and Excel.
- Must have good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical.
- High School diploma required; college education or business school preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of electrical inspection experience.
Ducommun Incorporated (Ducommun), through its subsidiaries, designs, engineers and manufactures aerostructure and electromechanical...