Position: Electrical Inspector
Location: JFK or LGA Airport Resident Engineers field offices
Scope: Mainly electrical substation, high tension work, A/C utility service, controls and SCADA. Some mechanical, civil, structural and plumbing knowledge is beneficial.
Requirements: Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, verbal communication includes contract staff, Resident Engineer, facility staff both in person and via two way communications. Ability to read plans and specs and prepare written contract administration documentation such as daily narratives (work reports), controlled inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work. Identify potential extra work issues and keep Resident Engineer advised of issues. Prepare estimates of extra work. Prepare related sketches and documentation. Review and comment on contractor payment requests. Review plans for constructability and prepare comments. Working knowledge of the latest National Electrical Code and testing criteria for all types of electrical systems.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineer
- Minimum 5 years experience inspecting construction work, varied in size and complexity (multiple crews and crew sizes per shift)
- Ability to pass a TWIC and/or SWAC Background Check at High Level.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Night and weekend shifts may be required.
- Trained in fall protection, confined space and permit required confined space OSAH regulations and minimum of 10 hr OSHA construction safety training.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 17 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...