Position : Temporary part-time/adjunct Electrical Line Worker Technology Instructor, Wadena campus of Minnesota State Community and Technology College, to begin academic year 2013-2014. |
Description : The Electrical Line Worker program provides trained personnel for the power industry. Coursework provides both theory and practical hands-on experience in all phases of power line construction and maintenance. Coursework includes electrical math, national electrical safety codes, construction of overhead and underground distribution systems, conductor applications, over voltage and over current protection, guying and pole grounding. The successful graduate is eligible for employment in rural electric and municipal utilities or with private contractors.
Examples of Duties:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum planning;
- Course development and delivery;
- Academic advising;
- Assessment of student learning;
- Building and maintaining professional industry and community relationships;
- Professional development;
- Program recruiting;
- Graduate job placement;
- Teaching schedules may include mornings, afternoons, evenings or weekends.
Minimum Qualifications :
Educational Subsitutions :
Occupational Experience Requirement :
- Bachelor or above degree in appropriate major and 4000 hours of occupational experience or
- Associate degree or two year diploma (90 quarter credits) in appropriate field and 6000 hours of occupational experience or
- One year diploma in appropriate field and 7000 hours of occupational experience or
- Courses for credit or clock hours (1 quarter credit/20 hours or 1 semester credit/30 hours) with an appropriate title or prefix and occupational hours totaling 8000.
Recency Requirement :
- 8000 hours of occupational experience as an employee of electric utility company, installing and maintenance of power lines;
- Journeyman Lineman status.
Preferred Qualifications :
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- AAS Degree or higher;
- Previous teaching or training experience.
Application Procedure :
Letter of interest;
Curriculum vitae (or resume);
Three letters of professional reference; and
College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening). PLEASE NOTE : Salary will be based on guidelines and criteria set forth by the Minnesota State College Faculty (MSCF) contract and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
- Application review will begin immediately upon receipt; open until filled.
- The following materials will need to be uploaded and attached to the online application: