Titan America’s Florida Business has an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor at its Pennsuco Cement Plant located in Medley, Florida. This exempt position will report directly to the Electrical Maintenance Manager. The individual in this position will be responsible for the supervision and performance of the electrical team; ensure reliable operations of the existing equipment and systems while keeping maintenance and repair costs at a minimum.
• Supervise, plan and execute all corrective, preventive and predictive electrical maintenance tasks for the Raw mill, Kiln & Finish Mill Operations at the Pennsuco facility, based on engineered maintenance programs in order to maximize equipment availability and runtime.
• Oversee and maintain the electrical power distribution and communication infrastructure as well as process instrumentation and climate control systems throughout the Pennsuco facility, in order to ensure reliable operation.
• Ensure reliable operation of all electrical process machinery and systems, including motors, actuators, generators, drive systems, automation and control systems etc, through condition monitoring and implementation of maintenance programs.
• Regular maintenance and inspection of all PLC and automation/control systems including the control devices of the plant equipment.
• Evaluate and implement necessary system upgrades to electrical power and control infrastructure and process control, automation, and expert systems ensure continuous monitoring and control of all process equipment and achieve process, productivity and cost benefits.
• Work closely with the Process Programmer to support the automation of the plant processes and to provide PLC programming support for plant upgrades and new projects.
• Strengthen supply chain by selecting best of class products and fostering relationships with vendors, suppliers and service providers.
• Acquire and allocate resources (internal and external parts, labor and tools) as required to support planned and unplanned maintenance tasks.
• Maintain and promote strict adherence to all safety rules, regulations, and company policies. Ensure that all electrical work and installations are compliant with all applicable national, state or local codes (including the NFPA 70, and 70e).
• Assist Electrical Manager with reporting, general operations and planning, audits and future planning.
• Supervise employee performance through coaching, counseling, and communicating job expectations.
• Train new employees as required and cross‐train existing employees to support day‐today operations and vacancies.
• Lead Small Groups Safety Initiative for their department and conduct periodic safety and informational meetings with employees as needed.
• Implement preventive maintenance program.
• Maintain a clear line of communication with plant management regarding all electrical issues and/or ideas.
• Troubleshoot and repair complex industrial equipment and systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
• Ability to interpret and create ladder logic diagrams, logic diagrams, process flow diagram and electrical schematics.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and reasoning skills; strong supervisory skills.
• Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft Office suite including MS Project.
• Must be able to work extended hours, holidays, nights and weekend as needed.
• Able to assimilate and embrace change.
• Safety minded.
• Knowledge of Cement process and lab instrumentation a plus.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Team oriented attitude.
• 3‐5 years minimum professional Electrical Engineering experience, required. Power (high voltage)background highly preferred.
• Experience with Industrial Control products (PLC, VFD, DCS and HMI).
• Working knowledge of AutoCad, PLC programming, Power Engineering Software and Short CircuitAnalysis is required.
• Experience with power distribution systems up to 13.8 KV.
• Experience with preventive maintenance and maintenance management of large industrial equipment such as MCCs, VFD’s, substations, transformers, generators, etc.
Titan America, LLC - 7 months ago