Verathon™ - Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our Manufacturing Engineering group for an Electrical Engineer. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting hardware & system issues in support of our sustaining medical devices and products as well as supporting new product introduction. This experienced Electrical Engineer is expected to work cross functionally to reduce defects, scrap, cycle time, and increase yields.
Our Manufacturing Engineering group is dynamic and provides a broad range of opportunities to work with a variety of technologies.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
· Test and identify root cause and implement corrective actions for high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices
· Develop and implement standard work through lean methodologies.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams to reduce defects and implement new products
· Propose and enter Engineering Change Requests and work with Design Engineering to implement and validate changes
· Assist with new product development validation and verification through in house and third party testing
· Assist with new product development transfer to production
· Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
· Lead projects to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout by employing lean methodologies.
· Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
· Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; and implement cost reduction initiatives
· Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· BSEE required, relevant related advanced degrees will be considered
· 10+ Years as an Electrical or Electronics Engineer, 5+ years developing medical products preferred
o Must have mixed signal experience (analog and digital)
o Must have low voltage power supply design experience.
o Ultrasound experience preferred
· Lean training and project leadership
· Strong IPC 610 Knowledge
· Expert at hands-on lab skills including prototyping, testing, and debugging.
· Expert with oscilloscopes, DVMs, spectrum analyzers, and other common electronic instruments
· Expert with Schematic Capture (OrCad or equivalent), MatLab, and other EE design tools
· Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis preferred
· Programming experience using C and assembly language preferred
· Knowledge of FDA, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines preferred
· Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, and interested in the latest technology
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, good
· "Self-starter," highly motivated, strong commitment to meeting customer needs
· Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
· Authorized to work in the United States
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.