Currently our Electrical and Process Automation Services Group has an opportunity for a Supervising Electrical Power Engineer to join our Orlando, Florida office. The successful candidate will work on various projects for municipal, industrial, and federal clients. Candidate will be responsible for a broad range of responsibilities. Candidate will supervise and mentor junior and mid level staff, interact with clients, manage electrical related projects, and participate in new business development. Candidate will also perform electrical engineering design tasks for facilities serving the water and wastewater industries as well as other industrial industries. Engineering and design will include low and medium voltage plant power distribution system design, motor control centers, drives, motors, and related equipment for plant power systems. Projects include initial concept development, layout and selection of equipment, development of contract drawings, specification writing, bid package preparation, field investigations, power coordination studies, arc flash, and support during construction.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative multi-discipline environment to develop competitive designs for new facilities, expansions, upgrades and retrofits.
- Serve as Project Manager, Task Manager, or perform as lead discipline (electrical) person on projects as appropriate
- Scope and budget projects, identify method of project execution and coordinate staff assignments
- Successfully manage projects and electrical designs to be on time and on budget using company systems and tools
- Work and communicate effectively with other disciplines and peers
- Perform in senior technical role for value engineering and QA/QC or review of sub-consultant work
- Support business opportunities and assist in sales and marketing efforts (proposal preparation, interviewing, scope, fee, etc.)
- Mentor and potentially supervise other electrical engineers and designers
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration in Florida or the ability to obtain within 3 months
- Minimum of 15 years experience as an Electrical Engineer with 5 years working on government, municipal and/or industrial water and wastewater projects
- Experience in industrial power systems design, service entrance, feeder and branch circuits, lighting, emergency power and power distribution equipment
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience in applying the National Electrical Code as it relates to electrical design
- Knowledge of power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm and security systems, and other related NFPA building codes
- Proven project management and client interaction skills
- Ability to mentor junior staff; previous supervisory role a plus
- Well developed communications and technical writing skills
- Comfortable and effective with clients and contractors as direct interface
- Reliability and integrity
- Experience with electrical analytical software, and Microsoft office
For more than 60 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry....