Holcim (US) has an immediate opening for an Electrical Reliability Specialist to join the Manufacturing Performance Center (MPC). This individual will be located at the Dundee Office, Dundee Michigan. We are looking for a self-starter with initiative/energy to work with people, develop ideas, and drive maintenance improvement.
- Improve equipment net availability, Mean time between failure (MTBF) and decrease overall maintenance cost.
- Analyze equipment failures to determine causes; develop and recommend solutions.
- Assist plants with executing major shutdown standard preventive maintenance routines (PMR´s).
- Give input to changes in the existing preventive maintenance program based on field inputs, performance reviews and failure investigations.
- Coordinate contractors or contract personnel working on assigned special projects related to electrical and instrument reliability improvements.
- Implement use of new technologies, cost saving techniques/materials and improved safety procedures.
- Assist plants in the preparation and implementation of critical equipment repairs that impact defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage and supervise specialty services relating to electrical equipment including conditioned based maintenance (CbM), preventive maintenance, and corrective repairs.
- Establish baseline CbM data as needed to help ensure the success of existing/new installations and modifications.
- Work with plants to establish and maintain high reliability for existing/new electrical installations.
- Travel requirements anticipated at 40-60%
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree desired, electrical engineering preferred
- 5 - 8 years of electrical maintenance experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Principles of equipment reliability analysis methods such as Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Supervisory experience is desired
- Availability to provide engineering support on a 24 hour operation
- Comprehensive personal computer software knowledge required
- Obtain certification and conformance to electrical maintenance & reliability regulations for up to date concepts/technology and systems.
- Strong and demonstrated planning, follow-up, organizational, and project management skills; detail oriented.
- Able to facilitate the collaboration of employees in process teams
- Make sound decisions based on a thorough analysis of available data/information using Holcim and/or OEM norms and standards, and follows up on critical issues
- Initiate action to achieve goals beyond what is required, is innovative and cost and safety conscious in approach to process improvement
Holcim attracts individuals with desire and drive for continuous improvement, possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, good leadership, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated skills as a change agent who provides a vision; motivates others; and is customer focused.
Because it is the people you work with that shape the professional experience you have, Holcim is able to offer an environment that is both enriching and rewarding. Holcim in turn offers a competitive salary and incentive compensation package and an exceptional benefits program, relocation assistance, educational assistance program and career opportunities (both domestically and internationally).
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates can submit their resume on-line at http://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/holcim/en/JobDescription.asp?SuperCategoryCode=0&JobNumber=673331
There's nothing abstract about the concrete made by Holcim (US). The American arm of Swiss building products giant Holcim Ltd., it produces,...