NTT Workforce Development Institute is the leader in quality industrial training. This is an exciting opportunity to pass on your knowledge to the current electrical workforce. NTT is seeking Master or Journeyperson electricians with hands-on field, and teaching experience in the electrical trades.
The Electrical Safety Instructor position is a responsible for teaching Arc Flash Electrical Safety following NFPA 70E with OSHA 1910.331-335 regulations to a variety of NTT’s clients
• Provide instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning experience.
• Teach assigned classes in accordance with the NTT policies.
• Plan and organize instruction to maximize learning.
• Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience.
• Participate in scheduled activities to include, but not limited to, training and employee meetings.
• Stay current in subject matter through professional development.
• Contribute to the selection of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives that lead to program improvement and growth.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other professional duties to support instruction as assigned.
What does NTT have to offer?
• Talented an committed co-workers
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
• Master or Journeyperson electrician with at least 10 years of hands-on field experience in the electrical trades within the last three years
• Previous teaching experience in electrical safety codes and standards within the last 4 years
• Working knowledge and field experience in NFPA 70 (2008 National Electrical Code), NFPA Arc Flash 70E (2009 Electrical Safe Work Practices), NFPA 70B (Electrical Equipment Maintenance) and OSHA 1910:331-335 Electrical Safety
• Experience in teaching eight (8) hour a day courses in a classroom style environment or industrial facilities
• Current driver’s license
• Ability to communicate technical information to participants of all experience levels
• Ability to travel on a consistent basis within the United States, and occasionally internationally
• Ability to interface with the Sales Department concerning customization of training
• Proficiency in Power Point Presentations
• Be able to communicate effectively via email and cell phone
• Bilingual a plus, but not required
• Understanding the concept of Arc Flash Analysis
• Ability to function independently in a highly efficient manner
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Computer literacy (Windows, MS Office)
• Proficient in public speaking for delivery of course materials