Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineering services helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Sales Engineer to support our expanding service offerings in the Northern Florida area. Candidates must live within this area to be considered for this position.
Electrical Sales Engineer
Provide sales and marketing support as assigned to meet region goals. This activity will be done using all principles of good salesmanship, including personal client visits, telephone selling, group selling plus participation in technical and professional associations. Responsible for developing proposals for the Company services in conjunction with the Operations Department staff and corporate staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area sales goals. Make regular sales calls on existing major accounts and establish contact with new accounts. Make effective customer presentations, proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct. This may include walk-through customer site, and field visits.
· Perform marketing support to promote the Company’s image throughout the industry. Implement area-marketing plan on a monthly basis.
· Assist Corporate needs in new service assessments, marketing research and literature development.
· Perform public relations to promote sales. Active participation in trade shows and professional societies.
· Give effective presentations for the Company’s Training Services and Speaker's Bureau.
· Member of the Area Management Committee. Actively participate as a committee member.
· Assist in the development of the area sales and marketing plan. Bring input and new ideas on Sales and Marketing activities.
• Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly.
• Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate BSEE/BSEET engineer and two years power distribution industry experience minimum. OR Graduate of electrical technical school or equivalent, and five years of similar work. OR High school diploma or equivalent and eight years of similar work.
• Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, some over night travel to cover sales territory.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
Additional Company Information
We have made the decision not to provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. If you do not have valid authorization to work in the United States, or your current authorization will require sponsorship on the part of this company, you will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Emerson Network Power, Electrical Reliability Services is an equal opportunity employer with a written Affirmative Action plan. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website Information
Click here to apply online
Emerson - 2 years ago
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...