COMPANY PROFILE: AED is the construction unit of WTEC (an engineering, manufacturing, procurement and field installation Company dedicated to the solar and wind farm energy market). AED’s services include underground cable installation, installation of switchgears, transformers, inverters, optic communication systems, solar racks, solar mounting posts, and foundation ground grids.
COMPANY WEBSITE: http://www.aed.us.com/
POSITION: Electrical Superintendent
POSITION DURATION: Permanent Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Active Construction Project Based
SUMMARY: This position will be a primary resource for all aspects of the electrical power in Operations and oversee the construction of power infrastructure and site electrical installations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule, coordinate, and supervise the activities of electrical construction in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Review and comment on proposed electrical design packages.
- Work with the project support group to create project schedules and cost estimates.
- Coordinate electrical service installations with the local utility companies.
- Train contractors and mentor employees on safely working with and around all electrical equipment.
- Ensure contractors are adhering to all applicable company, NEC, NFPA 70E, and OSHA safety policies.
- Track daily activities and complete daily activity reports as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE from accredited university with power course work.
- Experience on PVsyst, ETAP, and/or Cymcap.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Electrical Contractor license preferred.
- 7-10 years of successful experience in the alternative energy industry.
- Highly proficient in reading and interpreting all design, development and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommending necessary changes or additions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to provide clear and detailed technical reports and presentations.
- Requires travel to various project locations in North America.
COMPENSATION: We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Certification assistance.
Alternative Energy Development is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
No recruiters or agencies please.