Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Education: High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Solid understanding of electrical circuits including the operation and function of typical electrical devices and machinery such as solenoids, relays, motors, transformers, switches, motor control centers, generators, batteries and lighting systems.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Has adequate written and oral communications applicable to standards set by organization.
- An understanding of scheduling to support project and daily requirements in effectively planning and coordinating work.
Experience: 6+ years’ experience in field construction supervision including 2 years’ experience in the Assistant Superintendent Position or demonstrated equivalent.
We are actively looking for experienced Superintendents (Electrical) to join our team in support of CONUS projects, its territories and commonwealths, excluding WA, OR, ID and AK.
Electrical Construction Supervision
Responsible for work procedures, scheduling, cost control, project specification conformity, establishment of manpower levels, monitoring of safety programs, project conformance to national, local and/or company building codes and the maintenance of accurate records.
- Responsible for the satisfactory conduct of discipline construction operations and task accomplishment in an economical, efficient and timely manner on a project.
- Monitors Electrical and related craft performance relative to budget, schedules and deadlines.
- Monitors manpower utilization, effectiveness and productivity.
- Facilitates the efficient use of personnel and equipment.
- Implements and enforces work rules.
- Implements the construction portion of the assigned project through day-to-day direction of all field activities and is responsible for all job site activities.
- Ensures timely and efficient execution of fieldwork.
- Acts as the primary client contact for all construction project field activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. REMOVED
o Have the ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
o Lift / Carry tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner – personally and assisted when required
o Have sufficient range of motion of all extremities and spine to work in awkward postures
o Verbally communicate with other employees
o Have the ability to hear audible safety alarms and warnings.
o Have specific vision abilities to adequately perform the above listed tasks in a safe manner.
- Travel for extended duration required to support this position.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...