- Monitor, control, and ensure 24 hours per day, 7 days a week availability and production of wind electricity generation facilities under the responsibility of Acciona Energy North America’s Renewable Energy System Operation Center during normal and emergency conditions in a safe, reliable, and economic manner.
- Monitor and evaluate system conditions, anticipate problems, and implement strategies to minimize or avoid issues which will adversely impact the wind turbines under the responsibility of the Operation Center.
- Promptly acquire and disseminate information to the appropriate entities for system disturbances, emergency conditions and other events adversely affecting the wind farms under the responsibility of the Operation Center and/or the Bulk Power System.
- Direct and support dispatch of Technicians to perform system restoration and service activities.
- Analyze system conditions and maintain situational awareness.
- Develop and distribute periodic and incidental reports.
- Record, log, and maintain accurate records of power system operation.
- Maintain a working understanding of all Operation Center procedures and relevant NERC Reliability Standards.
- Stay current with Acciona renewable energy technology and professional development by participating in various training opportunities, and reading relevant Acciona and industry documents/publications.
- Author Electrical Switching and Operation Center Procedures.
- Maintain required training certifications and proficiencies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 year technical degree or 4 year technical degree required or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in utility or power plant operations highly desired
- Obtain PJM Certification within 12 months
- Obtain NERC Certification within 12 months
- Working knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards is a plus
- Knowledge of electrical / mechanical theory and concepts
- Skill handling multiple tasks simultaneously without losing track of the details at various states of completion under normal and stressful conditions
- Must work in a shift routine basis (nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours)
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts
- Ability to use computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Ability to monitor and navigate among several computer screens simultaneously
- Ability to communicate detailed information accurately to internal/external customers
- Ability to professionally represent the company when interacting with external organizations
- Experience working with wind energy systems desirable
- Ability to travel for training to various locations (including international)
- Must be Customer Focused
- A valid driver’s license is desirable
- Must be able to work in an office team environment
Acciona - 8 months ago