The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design, specification, installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical equipment in order to improve field system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills for complex problems in Electrical distribution systems
- Capable of installing, troubleshooting, and repairing switchboard control panels and components, motor circuits, building and lighting circuits, and control circuits
- Capable of understanding mechanical relay logic and ladder logic· Capable of programming simple ladder logic programs
- Proficient at reading electrical schematics
- Proficient at using all test equipment associated with troubleshooting electrical equipment
- Knowledgeable of NEC and OSHA standards.· Able to safely supervise electrical contract work
- Able to effectively interface with electrical engineers and energy providers
- Able to perform preventive maintenance on medium voltage electrical equipment such as switchgear, breakers, etc.
- Good computer skills
- Minimum Journeyman electrician license
- 3-5 years oilfield experience preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors & the public
- Electrically qualified per OSHA 1910.269 up to 600V
Occidental Petroleum - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...