Assist traffic operations lead technician with installation and maintenance of all electrical and electronic devices within the district on all highway and road systems including rest areas.
- Repairs, builds, and maintains complex electronic equipment.
- Maintains and diagnostics hardware and software.
- Replaces damaged parts; inspects and diagnoses specific problems.
- Performs preventive maintenance, emergency repair and troubleshooting, modifications, utility locates, operation, software maintenance and oversees initial operations.
- Monitors operations remotely, maintains and modifies site parameters using software when site changes are made.
- Responsible for site and factory acceptance tests on new installations.
- Responsible for procurement, inventory and planning.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, installs, performs utility locates and inspects contractor installations of complex electrical and electronic devices.
- Provides traffic control when needed and wears proper protective equipment.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly reports and inspection forms.
- Provides advanced training to less experience specialists.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic hand tool use and knowledge.
- Troubleshooting electrical or electronic devices.
- Ability to read and use a digital multi-meter.
- Ability to perform the job in a safe manner.
- Proper training in basic first-aid and CPR.
- Working at heights of 45 feet and below out of a bucket or lift truck.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Works at heights of 45 feet and below out of a bucket or lift truck.
- May work in extreme weather and involve heavy lifting.
- Individuals in this classification must be available for emergency work calls at anytime, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to spend nights out of town when required.
Successful applicant must obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License with appropriate endorsements within 30 days of employment.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code TNTO07) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
WYDOT offers a competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, paid vacations and sick leave, paid holidays, Tuition Refund Program, State Retirement and Deferred Compensation Program, Longevity pay and opportunities for advancement.
This position is eligible for the Employee Moving Expense Plan (U-Haul Only).
State of Wyoming - 11 months ago