DMS International is a Consulting, Information Technology and Training Company headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. At DMS our quality policy is to be among the 'best in class' providers of management and information technology consulting services in partnership with our customers. We hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are committed to the customer.
DMS recruits candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect the DMS Core Values of:
* Quality in Delivering Solutions,
* Integrity in Conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our Customer’s Mission.
We are currently searching for an Electrician - Mid to Senior Level to support our client, the Department of State. The qualified candidate will participate in Technical Security Upgrade (TSU) projects for the Project Management and Engineering (PME) Branch, worldwide, some locations may me in high threat areas. Department of State experience is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
The qualified candidate will work under National Electrical Codes (NEC), guidelines, standards, scope of work and application guidelines.
The purpose of the project is to upgrade Electronic Security Systems.
Systems will involve Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Automated Access Control Systems (AACS), and Power Systems.
- Work on complex integrated security systems at sensitive government facilities
- Complete bill of materials and power/signal runs
- Participate in design reviews with engineers, project managers and estimators
- Analyze and design electrical requirements needed to support the installation of electronic security equipment
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, wiring diagrams and other specifications to determine installation procedures
- Plan new or modified designs to minimize waste of materials
- Design easy access for future maintenance and with cost mitigation
- Perform electrical installations based upon specifications, NEC codes, guidelines, standards, scope of work and application guidelines
Manufacturer’s technician certification or training in any of the following systems is preferred:
- Access Controls
- CCTV Systems
- Perimeter Surveillance
- Interior Surveillance
- Alarm Annunciation
- Low Voltage Power Supply and Distribution
- Structured Cabling
- Protected Distribution Systems
Demonstrate skills and training in basic electrical system installation and repair, to include EMT and RGS conduit installation up to three inches in diameter.
Demonstrate working knowledge of applicable government standards and guidelines for electronic security systems, anti-terrorism/force protection, and facilities security design and access control.
Must have strong working knowledge of the NEC and the following:
Require 85% travel both domestic and international and in some instances to high threat environments.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician License
- Excellent communication skills
- Electronics/Systems background
- 3-6 years relevant work experience
Security Clearance: Must be US citizen and will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Top Secret clearance is a strong plus.
Participate in semi-complex engineering related studies, processes, designs, inspections and/or quality audits
Support the gathering, recording and maintaining engineering specific information
Support the preparation of semi-complex charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate various engineering procedures
Provide support with semi-complex testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks
Participate in assembling semi-complex prototypes and ensures proper interaction of components
Participate in documenting semi-complex internal engineering procedures via simple text, charts, graphs and diagrams
Participate in semi-complex specification development or preparation
Perform semi-complex work within technical or paraprofessional area
Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them
DMS International - 16 months ago