Akima, LLC is a $1.2 billion holding company with 5,600 employees worldwide headquartered just outside Washington, DC, in Herndon, VA. Akima, LLC is a wholly owned unit of the NANA Development Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation and is focused on providing service excellence to the U.S. Federal government through its 27 independent operating companies. These companies have a portfolio of services including Information Technology, Facilities Management & Maintenance, Engineering and Technical Support, Aviation Support, Subject Matter Expertise, and Business Processing. To learn more about Akima, LLC visit our website at
We are looking for an
in Albany, CA.
The successful candidate will:
The work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
- Work involves most of the following:
- Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment;
- Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician’s hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
The successful candidate must have:
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- State electrician license.
- At least four years of working experience as an electrician.
Akima, LLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance?
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website or to apply for a position please contact, Paul Brennan, Director, Recruiting Services, Paul.Brennan@akima.com, (703) 766-6754. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Maintenance & Repair
Akima Facilities Management, LLC
NANA Development Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job